"He is a lawyer who stands out in the market. He is intelligent, assertive, practical and quick. All this is in addition to his solid technical knowledge."Chambers and Partners 2021
“I have a very good impression of him. I have seen him in action and he is intelligent, quick and efficient.”Chambers and Partners 2018
“His knowledge of the issues is astonishing and he has outstanding judgement on confronting and resolving problems.”Chambers and Partners 2016
“He is extremely thorough and pragmatic, and possesses substantive knowledge of the law coupled with outstanding research skills.”Chambers and Partners 2015
Domingo Poblete focuses his practice in the areas of Public Law, Regulated Markets and Dispute Resolution. He joined the firm as a law clerk in 2007, became an associate in 2011 and partner since 2013.
- LL.M, Chicago University, 2015.
- Certificate in Sanctioning Administrative Law, Universidad de Valladolid, 2014.
- Law, P. Universidad Católica de Chile, 2011 (graduated summa cum laude).
- Admitted as an attorney by the Supreme Court of Chile, 2012.
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized in Chamber and Partners international ranking in the area of Public Law (2015 and 2016 in Up and Coming Individuals category, and 2018 in Band 4).
- Recommended by Legal 500 international ranking in the area of Public Law (2016 and 2017, in Next Generation Lawyers category).
- Recognized by the national Leading Lawyers ranking in the area of Constitutional Law (2015).
- “Jaime Guzmán” award, for the best student in Constitutional Law, P. Universidad Católica de Chile, 2010.
Memberships & Academic Activities
- Teacher of Administrative Law, P. Universidad Católica de Chile, since 2016.
- Member of the Chilean Institute of Administrative Law.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Spanish and English.
- “Efectos que produce la declaración de contrariedad a derecho de un acto administrativo por parte de la Contraloría General de la República” (Effects of a Declaration of Law Opposition of an Administrative Act by the General Comptroller), published in “Contraloría General de la República: 85 años de vida institucional (1927-2012)”, Santiago, 2012. Coauthor with Eugenio Evans.
- “El debut del tributo desproporcionado e injusto en la jurisprudencia del Tribunal Constitucional” (The Debut of the Disproportionate and Unjust Tax in the Jurisprudence of the Constitutional Court), published in Sentencias Destacadas 2012, Libertad y Desarrollo Editions, Santiago, 2013. Coauthor with Arturo Fermandois.
- “¿Prescripción o decaimiento del procedimiento administrativo sancionador? El caso de la industria eléctrica” (Statute of limitations or Fall of the Administrative Sanctioning Proceeding?), published in “Arancibia, Jaime and Alarcón, Pablo (coord.), Sanciones Administrativas, X Jornadas de Derecho Administrativo”, Thompson Reuters Editorial, Santiago, 2014. Coauthor with Eugenio Evans.
- “Judgement of Aysén University President: controlling the presidential discretional criterion” in Sentencias Destacadas 2017, Libertad y Desarrollo Editions, Santiago, 2018.